Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4K summary of October

Eyes on Ireland

On my C4K for October one of them was about Ireland that I Found to be very cool and quite interesting. It was interesting because it contained great information about Ireland. Some of the information that was written that I found interesting is that Ireland became independent from the U.K. in 1921 by treaty. Michael D. Higgins is the chief of state of the Republic, and the head of government is Enda Kenny. I also found out that Ireland was a republic or parliamentary democracy with a bicameral Parliament, and that the Senate was chosen witch I found to be pretty cool. In terms of religion, over 90% of the population of the Republic is Catholic. Of course, religion has played a huge role in the history of this country. I also found out that Ireland has two languages the two are Irish or Gaelic and English. Most of the populations who speak Irish are located along the west coast, although Irish is taught in school. Another fun fact is that obesity rate in Ireland is 13% compared to 35.7% in the U.S. I really enjoyed reading this blog it had a lot of great information and was very insightful.

1 comment: