Saturday, September 22, 2012

Blog Post 4

1st Graders Create Their Own Read Along Book
This topic really had a impact on me because I remember how hard it was for me to grasp the concept of reading when I was in the 1st grade. It wasn't because I didn't have the intellectual capacity but it is because I am didn't know at the time that I was dyslexic. witch at the time I didn't know that is what was holding me back so I didn't know how to cope with my disability. I really struggled with reading and I think If children were given these tools not to just listen to them and goof off but to learn skills that will help them for the rest of their lives. To me that is something that cant be replaced. If you think about it these read along books are not only a useful too for sharpening their skills but they allow the students to interact with what they are learning.

The read along audio books would also be a great way for the student to increase their vocabulary and pronunciation of words because lets face it as kids we have a hard time pronouncing long difficult words. The read along books would allow them to practice their skills in pronunciation unlike sitting there in a corner reading to yourself quietly in the corner. The actual act of verbally saying the words while reading allows the student go grasp the skills of learning not only how to read but how to speak in more fluent correct sentences. Once a kid reads and fallows along with the read along audio books then the will have the confidence and ability to make their own read along audio book witch can be a major boost in their self esteem, belief, and confidence in their skills. These read along audio books are also a great idea for students with special needs because it gives them a alternative to improve their reading skills. I enjoyed this very much and i would like to thank Ms. Silvia Rosenthal for sharing this post with us all. I found it a very enjoyable topic.

Students listening to read along audio on i pod.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Micah!

    I agree that the apps will help students on pronouncing long words. They will actually get to hear it, then say it a loud. It does keeps their confidence up, and makes them feel accomplished.

    There were some grammatical errors in your blog post. Your first sentence, in your first paragraph, was a run-on. It should have been separated with periods. Some other mistakes in your blog post were: no commas, misspelling of words, no title, your image didn't have the website where it came from (HTML code), and run-on sentences.Other than those few mistakes, I enjoyed your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... that cant be replaced...." can't not cant

    "... allows the student go grasp the skills..." to not go

    From the instructions: " Read and/or listen to at least three of the following..."

    You only did one. Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete