Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Post 5

The iSchool Initiative

Watching this video you can see how passionate he is about the changes that should be made in our education system. In the video he mentioned how school systems are suffering budget cuts. What better way to save money then to use the iSchool technology. With the iSchool applications schools would not have to spent all their money on books, paper, and copying machines. Just think about how much money schools waste on paper in one school year. All of that money could supply equipment for the students that could be used not only for one school year, But for their whole high school career. On top of that all the money spent on books could be used for many Different things such as improving other school programs or even adding teachers to the staff.

The iSchool also would eliminate such the classic I forgot my homework or the dog ate it. With I school your assignments would be sent in to the teacher as soon as the student finishes their work. Not only does the iSchool Help out on our schools pocket books but it also prepares the students for the future jobs and everyday life. I think the iSchool is a very good idea that I think schools should look into and give some serious though about iSchool it is a very good idea and it was a very eye opening video to watch.

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Chior

This video was very cool it just proves how you can really utilize technology in many diffrent ways. Not only to watch movies and videos but to also things such as the Virtual Chior You gotta watch this video.

Teaching in the 21st Century

To teach in the 21st Century you must utilize the technologies that are going to prepare the students for their future.Kevin Roberts video Teaching in the 21st century is something that I believe all future teachers should watch. It shows us that as teachers students have access to as much information if not more at home when the are on the computer and that as educators teachers must embrace tools such as Twitter, Blogs, and Facebook. Students will be using technology for the rest of their lives and even more then we do now so the more familiar they are with the processes of how to use technology the better of they will be in the future. As an educator this video should make you want to utilize these tools in your class so that your students will have a better chance of being successful. this was a very good video.

Why I Flipped My Classroom

This is a very good idea that I think all teachers should use. Flipping your class room could be one of the most effective ways of education your student not just the middle range of student but it allows all the students to learn. From the Underdeveloped students to the advanced students. It allows the whole class period to be full of learning not just reviewing and lecturing to a bunch of blank, sleeping, and board students. The I Flipped My Classroom video is a very insightful video for teachers and teachers to be.

2 comments:

  1. You do not explain to your reader what flipping your classroom entails. If I had not read/watched the materials I would not know much from reading your paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Micah!



    I am glad that you watched the videos that were assigned to us this week, and I can tell that you enjoyed them! I am glad to see that you are using pictures and links.

    However, I saw way too many errors in your post that could have been corrected with proof-reading. I know that sometimes it is still possible to miss errors with proof-reading, but after reading your post I do not believe you re-read your post at all.

    I know that even I am at fault of making errors, so I have listed a few here for you that I saw.

    "Watching this video you can..." I would add the word "By" in front of this statement. Also, when you introduced your topic you did not tell bloggers who "he is". I would add Travis Allen's name in there so that bloggers will know who made the video. Not all readers have watched the video before reading your post.

    "With the iSchool applications..." I would make this iSchool's applications so that bloggers will know whose applications you are talking about. I saw this error more than once. If you are talking about someone's possession of something, then an apostrophe needs to be used.

    "to spent all their money on books...." Spent should be spend here.

    I would place quotes around "I forgot my homework" or "My dog ate it." You are talking about statements that students commonly make, and anytime you quote someone you must place quotation marks around the quote.

    "I think the iSchool is a very good idea that I think schools...." You repeated "I think" twice, and this error made your sentence a fragment.

    "gotta" PLEASE do not use this word with your students in the future. I know that we use slang in texting and in conversation with our friends, but as teachers we must set an example. If I am going to be grading my students on proper grammar, I want to make sure my writing is perfect.

    "this was a very good video." It is important to always capitalize the beginning of a sentence. I also saw many errors where you did not separate sentences with a period and proper capitalization. Everyone of those sentences that were not separated became a run-on sentence.

    Please do not take my critiquing harsh. I am simply trying to help you become the best teacher that you can be. Feel free to proof-read my blog just as hard. I want bloggers to know I am determined to be the best role model I can be for my future students.

    Take a breath, and remember it is only Week 6. Don't give up, keep pushing forward, and complete the semester the best that you can. I know you can do better.



    Amy Archer

    ReplyDelete