Saturday, September 15, 2012

blog post 3

Peer Editing
After watching the Peer editing videos I learned that it is a good thing to have a good balance of every aspect in editing your peers blog post. One of the first things is you must leave a positive comment and have a positive attitude when leaving a comment on a peers blog. second you should make some suggestions to your peer on things that they could add to there blog to make it even better. Third you tell them what corrections they need to make on there blog but when doing this you must be respectful and treat them how you would want to be treated DO NOT be rude or disrespectful. these three tips can be found in the video Tutorial Peer Editing

You must also be specific in what needs to be corrected, don't be pushy, and stay on topic with what their blog is about. with that said as the recipient of the editing you must not take it personal they are your peers and are just telling you what you need to do to be successful. you must also be receptive and take into account what they are telling you don't be a Whatever William and just brush it off like you don't care. When I watched these videos they gave me some great tips on how to give a correct peer review and I really enjoyed them.

Technologies In Special Education
Watching the video Technologies In Special Education was an eyes opening experience. I never realized how much technology could help students with special needs. Not only could it help them complete their homework but it could also help them interact with there classmates. Even better than that it could help the students who cant speak interact with society and even allow them to find better jobs for their future.

I think that as a future teacher it would be so cool if you could have a open chat projected on the board so when you are speaking and asking questions to the class they could type the answer and they would pop up on the screen. I think this would be a neat idea because it would allow them to actually be able to participate in class discussions. Not only do I think it would improve these students class participation but it could improve there self esteem and the way they act in class if they have this way to express their self.

How The I Pad works In the Academics of Autism
The I Pad allows students and children with autism to interact with what they are doing in a almost game like manner witch makes it a fun way for them to learn. from watching the video you can tell that This app is a very useful tool for autistic students. It is not only a visual interaction but it is also auditory and somewhat physical interaction all mixed into one. I think that this I Pad app would also be good for students who have problems just listening in class because it allows them to interact by seeing the problems witch is very neat.

Harness Your Students Digital Smarts
This video showed me that students have there own ways of learning. These students learned it themselves and even the teacher how to terraform. witch is pretty dang cool if you ask me cause as a student you know you are learning something when you figure stuff out that you have to teach you teacher. The teacher in this video said something that was very interesting she said" when you have only paper and pencil then only certain students will learn." I think this is so true.

I myself am a student who has a hard time just doing the same old thing with paper and pencil. I think that a change of pace and a change of the way things are done is a good idea. this video was very good and i really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to proofread and add images. It's very important for your career that you publish well-written blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah,

    I just want to start out by saying that I did a comment, but I guess I didn't post it right so I'm sorry about the delay in the comment. In saying that I did really enjoy your blog you brought up some very valiant points. Such as leaving a positive comment when peer editing. This is very true you don't want to hurt anyones feels, but at the same time you do want them to correct their mistakes. You don't want to be to pushy yet you don't want to be dismissive either. They need to know you are there to help and not there to do their work.
    I did not realize how much technology could help out schools in general. Until I went into this class I didn't even notice how much I really use my gadgets. Think about it if we could IPads or even laptops in the schools we would be able to better grade and understand our students. This would make it easier on them as well because it is a lot quicker to type then to write. I do have only one issue with this and that is because of the spelling, thesaurus, and grammar correctors the students are not really learning how to write.
    I think with the IPad situation you had to write what application you thought could be used for students with Autism. I would really like to know what your thoughts on that would be. There are so many applications that can help not only teachers, but parents as well. This makes learning fun instead of frustrating.
    I really liked Ms. Davis she was really passionate about what she was doing. I agree with her I believe that we should give our students a little push, then let them teach us. We have so much to learn from our students. No one truly understands what they have to contribute until they are put in the teaching position.
    All in all I loved your blog. I do want to make some tiny suggestions though. You have some spelling, capitalization, grammar, and punctuation errors.
    For example:
    you keep putting there instead of their
    There are a lot of words that aren't capitalized after periods, such as "second" in the first paragraph.
    You spelled witch instead of which.
    And when you said can't in your third paragraph you left out the apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete