Sunday, September 2, 2012

blog post 2

Did You Know?
After watching the videos by Dr. strange, Karl Fisch and Scott McLeod I saw that yes our country is in store for some major changes in the future to come and that the world is changing into an advanced technological society, when I say society I am not just talking about the U.S. I am talking about the entire worlds society. Some of the information I found interesting in the video Dr. Strange posted was that every minute 48 hours of you tube videos are added to the you tube collection. That is a lot of videos in one minute, but after watching both videos there were two specific points that stuck out to me.

these two points were that the top ten jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004 and that we as students are more than likely going to have jobs that don't exist right now, but on top of that we will also be using technologies that DO NOT exist yet and that to me is just mind blowing. Half of me is excited to see what awaits us in the future but the other half of me is hesitant because of this next point in the video that caught my eye is that by the year 2049 a $1,000 computer will exceed the computational capabilities of the entire human species. If you sit back and think about it that is really a scary thought that a computer could be smarter then all the humans combined. over all these two videos were very good and I enjoyed them.


Mr Winkle Wakes
The Mr Winkle Wakes video by Mathew Needleman I honestly did not get the point of it. I understand that Mr. Wink saw all the changes in the outside world but not in schools. Teaching has been done the same way for a very long time. Over those years changes have been made and I understand the need for students to learn on there own and not just spit up what they learned for one test and forget about it. I don't think it is so much the way that the students are given the information but the way they are tested on it.

In saying that I do not see anything wrong with the way students are educated because some students need to have that face time with the teachers for them to actually learn the information. On the other hand there are those students who can learn things without even stepping foot in a class room. from a personal stand point I learn best when a teacher lectures the information but when it comes test time the test is all comprehensive were the teachers test ask what is this? what is its function? and why does it preform that function? ect. This method makes the students actually sit down and learn the information and not just learn the bare facts but the whole aspect of the subject at hand.

Ken robinson
first I want to say is WOW this video was great early in the video the Importance of creativity Mr. Robinson say that creativity is just as important as literacy. I find that to be so true because without creativity we would not have all of the technology, artwork, music, and literature we have today. fallowing that he told the story of his sons play of the nativity. What he said after this story is also very true that if you are not prepared to be wrong you will not come at it with some thing original. This I find to be very true as well as the fact that we are educated out of our creativity and that is very sad.I took a min after watching the video to think about it and it struck me. Could we actually get to the point were creativity is looked down upon? That's just some food for thought. This video really made me think and everything he said rang a bell of truth to me education does educate students from the feet up then slightly to one side. After watching this video I am going to make it a point that as a future educator i plan to allow my students to use as much creativity as they possibly can in my classroom.

A Day Made of Glass
The A Day Made of glass video was very cool and I hope I get to experience technology like that. It seems like technology like that is so far away but honestly if you think about it some of that stuff is so close to being possible today. such as the full touch screen car display for air conditioner and the display pads used for there daily school equipment. There is so much amazing stuff in this video it's crazy. But seeing that I can understand now how Mr. Wink felt when he woke up in a world were people were using computers and other technological devices such as cell phones.

I could not even think of waking up 100 years in the future. i would not know what to do with all the Technology and how far it would have advanced in 100 years from now but I could see it looking a lot like the A day made of glass video. A world like that would be so great to experience I would love to see technology that advance. This video was my favorite over all not only because of the neat stuff but because of the creativity it took for the people or person who made this video. I was very original and captivating.

2 comments:

  1. Proof read. It's important future teachers can write well. You need images as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made a lot of really good points throughout your whole post.I completely agree with you about the Ken Robinson video and creativity being looked down apon that just crazy to me. I like how you try to take notes from these videos and plan to apply it in your future as a teacher. Im sure you will make a great teacher. The only thing i can really say is take just a little more time to proof read and work on your grammer.

    ReplyDelete